Tips and info
Why Soy Wax?
All our melts and Container candles are made from soy wax. Soy wax is much cleaner and safer than parafin, and is a renewable resource where parafin is a byproduct of the oil industry. Soy wax produces a very small amount of soot compared to other wax AND it also burns cooler than parafin wax. A Soy candle lasts up to 50% longer, all while holding its scent for a beautiful fragranced candle Our Pillar candle blend uses Palm wax. Palm wax has many of the advantages over parafin that soy has, however palm wax comes from palm oil, and most palm oil is sourced through the destruction of Malaysian forests, contributing to the decline in habitat of many species, particularly the orangutan. The one disadvantage of soy wax is that it cannot be used on its own in freestanding pillar candles as it is to soft. The wax we use in our pillar candles is a 50% soy - 50% palm wax mix, and we have ensured that the palm wax we use is sourced sustainably and adheres to the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
How can you get the most out of our lovely candles? Here are some tips which should help you get the most pleasure from the fragrance and beauty of our candles safely.
- Never leave candles unattended!
- Keep candles away from curtains, plants, clothes and anything flammable
- Our candles are designed to minimise heat underneath but it's always best to sit your candle in a holder or on a heatproof surface
- Avoid using candles in draughty areas. As well as the risk of fire, the breeze will make the candle burn unevenly
- Once lit, allow your candle to burn long enough for the entire top surface of wax to melt. "Tunneling", where the candle burns down the centre but leaves a wall of wax around the edge, occurs when the candle is extinguished before a full layer of wax has melted.
- Minor imperfections in the wax may cause the appearance of "frosting", or for the wax to cling to part of the glass and seperate in another area. While we endeavour to minimise this during the candlemaking process, some is inevitable and will not affect the performance of your candle in any way. Even small cracks cause no problems in the use of your candle, although we attempt to identify any such affected candles prior to dispatch.
- Most of our candles come with lids, and it is recommended to leave these on when not in use to minimise exposure of the candle to dust and contaminants.
While we endeavour to make and ship most orders so you receive them within 1 - 2 weeks of placement, some items may run out of stock from time to time. If you require urgent delivery or would like to discuss your unique requirements, please phone Krista on 0403 487 774 prior to placing your order.
Please note: Shipping charges are only calculated for delivery to Australian addresses. If you wish to order for delivery outside Australia, please E-Mail me for a personalised quote prior to placing your order.
Most of all, please enjoy your candles and melts! If you do, please let others know. if you don't, please let me know! Send feedback to Krista.